Bourton Hall is part of Country House Weddings Ltd, a family-owned and run wedding venue group that has collectively held over 10,000 weddings in its six exclusive-use venues since its conception. The chairman and founder, Harry Bramer, still presides over the business today, with the help and support of his family and an accomplished team, all of whom are dedicated to one thing: your perfect wedding.
Sir Humphrey Stafford of Grafton marries Elizabeth Burdet and becomes heir of Bourton Hall.
Sir Humphrey is executed for his part in the Stafford & Lovell uprising, and the hall is temporalily forfeited to King Henry VII, before being returned to the Stafford family in 1515.
John Shuckburgh buys the estate from the Stafford family.
John Shuckburgh sets about building a plain but substantial 3-storied mansion – the core of which survives today.
Shaw acquires the Hall and commisions Charles Armstrong of Warwick to renovate the house, adding additional Italianate features including the substantial Roman Catholic Chapel.
Today, Bourton Hall is owned by Country House Wedding Ltd, and forms the perfect backdrop for wedding day dreams to come true.
Bourton Hall becomes the most recent addition to the Country House Weddings portfolio, joining Holmewood Hall, Leez Priory, St Audries Park and Clearwell Castle, and Gosfield Hall. To learn more about Country House Weddings, click here.